Monday 11th June 2012
Venue: Conference Hall, Jubilee Library, Brighton
2pm – 3:30pm Panel 1: The role of regulation in fostering journalism in the public interest.
- Prof Brian Cathcart (KingstonUniversityand Hacked Off campaign)
- Fleet Street Fox (Anonymous Fleet Street Columnist)
- Matthew Ryder QC (Matrix Chambers)
3:30pm – 4pm Coffee and tea
4pm – 5:30pm Panel 2: The contribution of academia/professional education to journalism in the public interest.
- Diane Kemp (Birmingham City University)
- Prof Julian Petley (Brunel University)
- Marcus Ryder (Investigations BBC Scotland and University of Sussex)
For more details about the location of the library, please see: www.brighton-hove-rpml.org.uk/Libraries/sites/Jubilee/Pages/home.aspx
Sponsored and organized by the School of Media, Film and Music. For more events organized by the School and the University of Sussex, please see our events pages. You can also follow us on Twitter @US_Journalism and @SussexUniMFM
You can contact Aristea Fotopoulou for further information: A.Fotopoulou@sussex.ac.uk