Supporting researchers at Sussex
The Doctoral School is your second home at Sussex, after your academic school. Our researcher community encompasses all disciplines and career stages: Junior Research Associates; Doctoral Researchers; Research Staff, Supervisors and Principal Investigators. We are your point of support for issues such as funding, professional development, and cross-disciplinary researcher activities & events.
What does the Doctoral School do for Sussex researchers?
- Coordinate central provision of researcher development;
- Interdisciplinary, university-wide academic and social events;
- Promote and support researcher events in schools and departments;
- Support and administer funding applications and studentships;
- Policy development and regulations, e.g. handbooks for doctoral researchers and supervisors; attendance monitoring; electronic thesis submission, implementation of the Concordat to Support the Career Development of Researchers;
- Administration of the Junior Research Associate (JRA) scheme for undergraduates;
Find further information and resources on the Doctoral School website
Contacting the Doctoral School (new address as of 20th December 2011)
The Doctoral School
University of Sussex
The Doctoral School offices are indicated by a green arrow on the map of campus. Zoom in to locate us: