On behalf of the International Advisory Board, I would like to inform you of the:
FIFTH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON INTERDISCIPLINARY SOCIAL SCIENCES
University of Cambridge
2-5 August 2010
The Social Sciences Conference and its companion journal provide a forum for discussion of disciplinary and interdisciplinary approaches to knowledge creation within and across the various social sciences and between the social and the natural and applied sciences.
This year’s conference will feature the following plenary speakers:
- Jack Goody, Professor and Fellow, St. John’s College University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
- Rom Harre, Professor, University of Georgetown, Washington, DC, USA
- Gerassimos Kouzelis, Professor, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
- Juliet Mitchell, Professor, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
- Dr. Janet Stephenson, Prof Gerry Carrington, Prof Rob Lawson, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
In addition to plenary presentations, the Social Sciences Conference includes parallel presentations by practitioners, teachers, and researchers. We invite you to respond to the conference call-for-papers.
- Presenters may submit their written papers for publication in the peer reviewed ‘International Journal of Interdisciplinary Social Sciences’.
- If you are unable to attend the conference in person virtual registrations are also available which allow you to submit a paper for referring and possible publication.
- You also have the ability to upload your presentation to the Social Sciences YouTube channel.
We also invite you to subscribe to our free, monthly email newsletter, and subscribe to our Facebook, RSS, or Twitter feeds at http://thesocialsciences.com .
The deadline for the next round in the call for papers (a title and short abstract) is 13 July 2010. Future deadlines will be announced on the conference website after this date. Proposals are reviewed within two weeks of submission. Full details of the conference, including an online proposal submission form, may be found at the conference website: http:/www.SocialSciencesConference.com.
We look forward to receiving your proposal and hope you will be able to join us in Cambridge in August.
Professor of Philosophy of Science and Sociology of Knowledge
Department of Political Science and Public Administration
University of Athens, Athens, Greece
For the Advisory Board, Social Sciences Conference and Social Sciences Journal
Share this post:
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
This entry was posted in Any researchers, Doctoral researchers, Research staff and tagged conference, interdisciplinary, presenting research, Publishing Research, researcher profile, Science, Social Science.