Not tweeting? Many researchers remain unaware of the benefits that the online microblogging service Twitter can bring to their work in terms of both research and professional identity. Over the course of a two hour practical session, this workshop introduces the fundamental concepts of Twitter and its importance as a research tool. The workshop will be pitched to those with a basic level of technical expertise.
The aims of the session are:
- To introduce researchers to the Twitter microblogging platform
- To establish a research community via the medium of Twitter to create a more connected campus, particularly among the often disconnected world of researchers
- To demonstrate that technology is not there for technology’s sake, but rather as a pragmatic communication tool
The only requirement is to bring a portable computing device with you; a laptop (Windows/Mac/Linux), an iPhone or Android smartphone will suffice.
For more information, or to register, please visit:
Share this post:
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)