Are you a postgraduate researcher in the medical or biosciences? Then this regional conference is for you…
4 July 2011, Liverpool
What is Postgraduate Researchers in Science Medicine (PRISM)?
Now in it’s 8th year, PRISM is an established and successful annual conference showcasing healthcare and biomedical science research in the North West and has been designed specifically for postgraduate researchers. The PRISM events provide an excellent opportunity to present work, discuss common issues and meet other researchers working in the medical sciences.
This year’s conference theme is employability and includes a career options panel featuring insights into careers in academia, non-academic roles in HE, industry, the NHS and consultancy. Careers consultants specialising in providing advice to postgraduates will be available during the breaks. A variety of interactive skills workshops will also help you to enhance your employability in these challenging economic times.
- Boost your CV with the opportunity to present your research in an academic environment (all spoken and poster presenters will have the option of receiving personalised feedback on their performance)
- Win prizes for the best spoken and poster presentations
- Enhance your skills through workshops tailored for researchers in the medical sciences
- Network with peers and academics in the medical sciences from across the North West and beyond
What will I learn?
The conference will offer an opportunity for you to share your research ideas, receive feedback on your presentations and give ample opportunity for you to network with other postgraduates and academics from across the North West. In the afternoon there will be a series of workshops allowing you to explore both future career options and opportunities for skills development.
For more details and to register or submit your abstract, visit www.vitae.ac.uk/prism2011
- To submit an abstract for consideration as a poster or spoken presentation, complete the online form here. Deadline for submission of abstracts is 31 May 2011 (at 23:59).
- If you would like to register to attend the conference but do not wish to present your research, complete the online form here. Deadline for registration to attend the conference is also 31 May 2011 (at 23:59).