This workshop is a chance for more experienced writers to explore the themes of legacy and inheritance in a one-day workshop led by writers Sindi Gordon (one of our Research Hive Scholars, no less!), Dave Nwokedi and Kadija George.
You will also have the chance to get your writing published on the Writing Our Legacy website and get industry tips on how to get your writing published in the wider market. Come prepared to write, be inspired and be part of this year’s Black History Month for Brighton & Hove.
All places for the workshop are free, but limited. A £20 deposit will secure your place – £10 to cover lunch and refreshments. £10 will be returned upon attendance. Attendees will also receive a one-year NWS membership.
Download the Writing Our Legacy flyer [PDF].
- Saturday 15 Oct 11am-4pm
- The Writers’ Place, 9 Jew Street, Brighton
- To book visit www.newwritingsouth.com or call 01273 735353
For more events and workshops as part of Black History Month, check out the Brighton and Hove Black History Month website.
Share this post:
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
This entry was posted in Any researchers, Doctoral researchers, Engage / publish, Events, Opportunities, Professional development, Research staff, Social, Supervisors and tagged Black History Month, writing workshop.