Each year the British Library runs a series of training days for new doctoral researchers in English, History and Social Sciences.
These specially tailored days of talks, workshops, discussions and networking opportunities combine a general introduction to the Library and services with specialised sessions.
You’ll have the opportunity to learn more about the diversity of the British Library collections, from oral history recordings to modern literary manuscripts and ephemera. Meet our expert curators and other researchers in your field.
4 November – History (Medieval – 18th Century)
25 November – Social Sciences
2 December – Social Sciences
27 January – English
10 February – History (19th – 21st Century)
Booking is essential – do so online at http://forms.bl.uk/workshops
The days run from 10:30 to 16:00 and are held in the British Library Conference Centre, and of course, are free. Please note that these open days are limited to 1st-year PhD students.
Share this post:
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)