I bring you this quick post hoping that the hangover-fairy and the sunburn-pixie have not troubled you as a result of yesterday’s festivities! If you have pics of the BBQ yesterday, do add them to our facebook page.
Yesterday the Doctoral School held what we hope is the first of an annual social event for all Sussex researchers. Over 200 of your turned out to eat excellent BBQ food, watch The PhD Movie (second screening on Monday if you missed it), to have a few drinks and to get to know each other better. The atmosphere was fantastic, and the weather beyond our wildest dreams. To each and every one of you, for contributing to making it such a great event,
And now, some special thanks:
- Adam, Tarek, Charlotte and all the staff at Falmer Bar – for amazing catering, seamless event organisation, and the best service you could ever expect. And especially the cheesecake.
- Dr Lucy Solomon (Doc School) – who that morning had submitted her final bound thesis and put aside her own joy to work so hard to make it a great day for everyone else.
- Caroline Cooper (Doc School) – for ever-cheerful helpfulness and support.
- and last but not least, Paul Roberts (Doc School) for saying ‘go for it’ and backing it up with a budget.
Please use the comments section if you’d like to add your voice of thanks
to the folk that made this happen
Share this post:
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)