IT Services are looking for Postgraduate students, studying at Sussex, to join their team of Help Desk Advisors, offering staff and students support on the Help Desk in Shawcross and on the Help Point in the Library.
- Have a good working knowledge of computer networks, and be able to connect a variety of laptops and mobile devices to our wired and wireless networks.
- Have a good working knowledge of a variety of operating systems including Windows, OSX and Linux
- Be regular users of IT Services equipment and have a broad working knowledge of our services.
- Have exceptional interpersonal skills and be able to deal with people in a clear and confident manner
- Be able to commit to the role for a minimum of one academic year and able to work up to a maximum of 12 hours per week
Applicants should apply, by emailing the IT Services Client Support Manager, Elizabeth Davis, firstname.lastname@example.org
, detailing all relevant experience and why they would like to work for IT Services. Please ensure that an up to date CV is attached to the email.
Those applicants who are invited for interview will be asked to demonstrate their knowledge and skills. Successful applicants who are offered a position within IT Services will be paid at a rate of £8.88 per hour.