Academic Development: English Language and Study Skills
Are you an international student studying at the University of Sussex?
Is English a second or additional language?
Are you completing your full degree here?
We offer free workshops, tutorials, writing groups and on-line resources.
Autumn term workshops 2012
- Effective literature searching
- Critical reading and note-taking
- The process of essay-writing
- Seminars and presentations
- Punctuation: the comma, colon, semi-colon and full-stop
- Referencing and avoiding plagiarism and collusion
- Developing academic style and vocabulary
- Using cautious language to create a stronger argument
- Improving listening skills for lectures and seminars