The Doctoral Conference Committee in the School of Education and Social Work announce their 6th Annual Conference!
We are delighted to announce our 6th Annual Doctoral Student Research Conference. Once again, we have been able to keep this as a no-cost event. Here are the details:-
Chaos, Creativity, and Connections in Social Science Research
At: School of Education and Social Work, University of Sussex
When: Thursday 27 June 2013
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Venue: Fulton Building
Keynote speaker to be announced.
We would encourage doctoral students at any stage of their research to submit an abstract for a presentation or poster. Details can be found at http://www.sussex.ac.uk/esw/internal/newsandevents/events/doctoralconf. The deadline for submission is 1st April 2013.
To register to attend this free conference, go to http://sussexdrc.eventbrite.co.uk by 1st June 2013.
We look forward to seeing as many of you as possible there. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Call for Proposals
This year’s theme is “Chaos, Creativity and Connections in Social Science Research” and abstracts – or proposals – are invited from doctoral researchers across the social sciences on their work-in-progress – particularly from those working in areas related to education and/or social work. Researchers can be at any stage of their doctoral studies and papers (or posters) can be methodological or conceptual. They can also be linked to the research process itself, or a discussion of findings. Proposals can speak to, but are not limited by, sub-themes such as:
- Productive chaos in social science research
- Productive chaos in the doctoral research process
- Creativity in research writing and/or process
- Creativity in theory and/or practice
- Connections through collaborations and sharing
- Connections between researcher and the researched
If you would like to present a paper or poster at this year’s conference, please complete the Doctoral Student Research Conference 2013: abstract proposal [DOCX 89.82KB] and submit it to SussexDRC@gmail.com by 1st April 2013.
To register to attend the conference, go to http://sussexdrc.eventbrite.co.uk by 1st June 2013.
Click here for directions to the University of Sussex
Click here for the location of venues on the University of Sussex campus
The Doctoral Conference Committee
Department of Education and Social Work
University of Sussex
Share this post:
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)