British Summertime is here! Well nearly…
Whilst it might not seem it yet warmer weather is on the way. The slightly cold start to spring is not stopping us making plans so we’ve already begun the process of arranging this year’s Doctoral School Summer BBQ!
Now whilst you might not be quite ready to step outside for a barbecue just yet, come the end of May you will. Trust us. So put Thursday 23 May 15:30-18:00 in your diaries now.
We’ve already held a meeting with Falmer Bar to begin making the arrangements. Last year’s event was such a success that we’re going to replicate the best bits.
Therefore all researchers who register in advance of the event will, once again, receive a voucher for food off the barbecue (including salads and dessert) and one drink at Falmer Bar up to the value of £3.
- Sticky barbeque chicken drumsticks
- Fresh sardines with herb butter
- Char-grilled lentil, spinach and sweet potato vegetable burger with sweet corn relish
- Mixed leaf salad with toasted tamari sunflower seeds
- Wholegrain mustard and crème fraiche new potato salad
- Chicken Caesar salad
- Tabbouleh salad
- Strawberries & cream served with shortbread
- Chocolate caramel torte
These selections have been chosen based upon several important criteria:
- Are they tasty?
- Are they diverse?
- Are they tasty and diverse?
If, however, you feel that you require some different dietary options then, by all means, get in contact with us and we’ll make sure we arrange something to fit your needs!
The BBQ won’t just be about food though. It will also feature the official announcement of the winners of the final cycle of this year’s Researcher Led Initiative (RLI) Fund. And if you’re thinking about applying to be one of next year’s SAGE Research Hive Scholars, you can find out more from the Library’s Research Support staff, and chat to this year’s scholars about the realities of the roles.
If you have anything to suggest or request from the BBQ then why not let us know? You can get hold of us on DSevents@sussex.ac.uk and we’d love to hear from you.
For now, keep an eye out for further information regarding the Doctoral School BBQ and we’ll get to work on the weather!
Chris Kempshall, Craig Haslop, and Sarah R-H
Share this post:
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)