Thursday 23 May 15:30-18:00, Falmer Bar
113 researchers have booked their BBQ ticket – have you booked yours yet? The BBQ bookings are open, and you can book a ticket if you are a Sussex:
- doctoral researcher;
- member of Research Staff (postdoc, research fellow, visiting fellow, research assistant);
- Supervisor or Principal Investigator.
Your ticket is free (booking essential, limit of 250 tickets for this event) and includes not just the yummy food, but also a free drink up to the value of £3. The BBQ will be delicious (no horse-burgers here), the company will be delightful, and the weather… well, we’re working on it (you may have noticed our progress over the weekend), and we have a rain-plan, just in case.
Browse the mouth-watering menu and find out more about how to book and collect your ticket at: www.sussex.ac.uk/doctoralschool/internal/bbq2013
The BBQ won’t just be about food though. It will also feature the official announcement of the winners of the final cycle of this year’s Researcher Led Initiative (RLI) Fund (the deadline is 30th April – get your applications in soon!).
And if you’re a doctoral researcher thinking about applying to be one of next year’s SAGE Research Hive Scholars, you can find out more from the Library’s Research Support staff, and chat to this year’s scholars about the realities of the roles.
If you have anything to suggest or request from the BBQ then why not let us know? You can get hold of us on DSevents@sussex.ac.uk and we’d love to hear from you.
Chris Kempshall, Craig Haslop, and Sarah R-H
Share this post:
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)