Update 30 August 2013: Unfortunately this workshop has been cancelled by the providers due to low bookings.
Scientific Writing and Publishing Workshop
16th & 17th September 2013, University of Sussex
Learn more about preparing and publishing high quality research papers in international, peer reviewed journals from the experts. Training is led by two editors from the Nature series of journals and is aimed at researchers in the natural sciences.
Over two days we will cover the writing and publishing process from start to finish, using short lectures punctuated by group discussions and practical exercises on participants’ own manuscripts.
- Taking Research from Bench to Paper
- Creating Coherency and a Narrative in your Paper
- Titles and Abstracts
- Presenting and Discussing Results
- Producing Effective Figures, Graphs and Tables
- Choosing a Journal for Publication
- Using Bibliometrics
- Writing a Review Article
- Submitting your Paper and Writing a Cover Letter
- The Editorial Processes and Peer Review
- Scientific Publication Ethics
For more information and to book visit www.vitae.ac.uk/publishing
Workshop places are £500 (incl. VAT) per person and are strictly limited to 30 participants.
This workshop is hosted by the University of Sussex Doctoral School, and brought to you by Macmillan Science Communication, exclusive partner of Nature Publishing Group, publisher of Nature and Scientific American