Researcher Development Planner: Launch Event
Thursday 5th June 2014
12:30 – 14:30
In the current economic climate, personal and professional development planning for researchers has become increasingly more important to maintain your progress and make key decisions about your future career.
On Thursday 5th June, we are organising an event for researchers, to introduce you to the Researcher Development Framework Planner, and the free trial we are running.
The planner is designed to help you:
- Reflect on your achievements and set aspirational goals
- Consider skills and experiences that will enhance your prospects of success in particular career areas
- Identify opportunities for further professional development
- Create a personal record of progress, backed up by evidence
- Develop an action plan
- Highlight, articulate and evidence the transferability of your skills in your CV, in job applications and at interviews
- Articulate your skills and attributes in a language employers outside as well as inside academia will recognise and respect
- Prepare for one-on-one reviews with your supervisor, research manager or principal investigator where you will be discussing your professional or career development
If you are interested in testing out the planner join us at this event, and help us to decide whether this will be a useful tool for researchers in the future. It is important that you book a place, so we can arrange access to the planner.
Click here to book your place!
If you would like to be involved in the trial, but can’t attend the event please do get in touch with us at email@example.com